FortisBC has just announced that they are doubling their furnace and boiler rebates for the period of October 1st, 2020 to March 31st, 2021. Homeowners who replace their old mid-efficiency heating systems with new high-efficiency equipment during these six months will be eligible for a rebate between $1,600-$2,400.
FortisBC Rebates Doubled from October 2020-March 2021
FortisBC hopes to motivate BC residents to install more energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly natural gas heating systems by offering money rebates worth twice as much as was previously offered.
What’s Eligible for a Double Rebate?
The following upgrades qualify for the new rebate amounts:
- Natural gas furnace (≥ 97% AFUE): was $1,000, now $2,000
- Natural gas furnace (95% to 96.9% AFUE): was $800, now $1,600
- Furnace manufacturer connected thermostat: was $150, now $300
- Natural gas boiler (94% AFUE and higher): was $1,000, now $2,000
- Combination boiler: was $1,200, now $2,400 (plus a $300 two-upgrade bonus)
Important things to know:
- You need to register online for a unique promo code between October 1 and December 31, 2020.
- You need to have your eligible upgrades installed and invoiced between October 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021.
- Your rebate application must be submitted online within six months of your invoice date.
For more information or to book an installation, give us a call at 1-604-227-7414.